About SportsHub Technologies
SportsHub Technologies, a well-funded start-up company comprised of industry veterans, is growing quickly and needs your help to build a superstar team. We have already assembled an amazing leadership group with backgrounds from ESPN, AOL, Sportradar and Liberty Media, and want you to join us to combine innovative ideas with cutting edge technology and trends to change the way people experience fantasy sports. We know what it takes to compete at the top and are excited about implementing the insights learned over the last 20 years to create new and innovative solutions in these exciting consumer markets.
As a staff accountant you will have the opportunity to support the internal finance team by completing day-to-day accounting tasks, while also providing financial support to the product teams as required. The ideal candidate will have experience with accounting and financial principles including a BA/BS degree in accounting or finance, experience using Quickbooks, and strong conceptual and analytical skills.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Complete reconciliations of accounting system transactions
- Assist in monthly closings and preparation of financial statements
- Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with finance management
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences
- Pay vendor invoices in a timely manner
- Review and process expense reports
- Periodically deal with customers to resolve financial issues
- Other duties as assigned
- This list is not allinclusive. The individual in this position must be flexible and needs to exhibit willingness to take on additional tasks not outlined here.
- Some evening and weekend working hours may be required, specifically NFL Sundays
Knowledge and Skills
- Familiarity with finance and accounting principles is required, BA/BS with emphasis in finance or accounting is preferred
- 2 5 years of relevant work experience is preferred
- Strong Excel, Microsoft Word and other computer skills are required
- Experience using Quickbooks is preferred
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, in addition to sound organizational skills
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
A passion and understanding of sports and fantasy games
Benefits / Perks
- Flexible work environment in our office plus some abilities to work remotely
- Paid vacation, health and dental benefits, 401k
- Fun environment in an exciting industry
- Opportunities for growth within the company
Email resume, cover letter, and three statements as to why you are the perfect candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below.