About SportsHub Technologies
SportsHub Technologies, a well-funded start-up company comprised of industry veterans, is growing quickly and needs your help to build a superstar team. We have already assembled an amazing leadership group with backgrounds from ESPN, AOL, Sportradar and Liberty Media, and want you to join us to combine innovative ideas with cutting edge technology and trends to change the way people experience fantasy sports. We know what it takes to compete at the top and are excited about implementing the insights learned over the last 20 years to create new and innovative solutions in these exciting consumer markets.
As a Python Full Stack Engineer you will have the opportunity to use cutting edge web technologies to design and develop engaging fantasy sports gaming experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience developing modern web applications using REST web services, remarkable problem solving skills, an eye for detail, and be knowledgeable of of both legacy and emerging Python standards, frameworks and tools. You love Python for the simplicity and flexibility of the language, especially within the context of web development.
You will be working alongside talented developers, designers and leaders on everything from backend development, database queries and algorithms, to front end interactions and experience. Your primary focus will be building next generation fantasy sports applications.
Join us in creating cutting edge applications for fantasy sports enthusiasts!
Who You Are
- Smart: You have a broad skill set and are willing and able to learn new technologies quickly
- Passionate: You are driven to build great things of the highest quality and help others to do the same
- Collaborative: You excel working both within a team and cross-functionally with other teams
- Humble Learner: You are not afraid to learn from failure and share your findings
- Stellar Python skills, including an up to date knowledge of 3.0 and beyond
- Experience building large Django applications
- Database experience with PostgreSQL, sharding, writing scalable queries, query optimization
- Experience developing production-quality web interfaces using REST web services
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Programming principles
- Superb source management skills with git
- Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment practices
- A passion and understanding of sports and fantasy games
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with payment systems (Stripe, Braintree, Paypal, others)
- Experience configuring uWSGI, gunicorn, nginx or other app servers
- Experience with one or more event-driven technologies or frameworks such as Tornado, gevent, socket.io, websocket or similar
- Experience scaling large web applications, load monitoring, load balancing and server optimization
- Familiarity with Flask
- Experience with developing backend systems for mobile applications
Would Like to See
- Examples of past relevant projects
- Proof of passion for development (side projects, blog, community involvement, etc.)
Production experience building full stack systems with Python/Django: 4 years
Benefits / Perks
Competitive salary, health benefits, and much more!
Select your own development equipment
Young company with great culture
Working in the fantasy sports industry